Mark JeschkeMobile Designer/Developer
Professional ExperienceSolutionSet, San Francisco, CA
iOS & Mobile Developer - July 2011 to present
- Developed native iOS prototypes for the Apple Retail Interactive team.
- Prototyped HTML5 mobile-first, responsive web design sites for Chevron.com.
- Transitioned Chevron's Line Rider newsletter from Flash to HTML5 for iOS compatibility.
- Maintained legacy Flash sites for Chevron.
Freelance Multimedia Artist - December 2010 to January 2011
- Shot four greenscreen videos, directing talent and capturing separate audio for the microdot iPhone game video "transmissions." Edited footage, composited the talent in front of a virtual background, and added animated titles for 1080p output. Composed original music and sound design.
Freelance After Effects and Flash Animator - August & October 2009, November 2010 to January 2011
- Animated and encoded iPhone trailers for PlayFirst's games, "Cooking Dash" and "Diner Dash" in FLV and QuickTime format.
Senior Interactive Developer - April 12, 2010 to October 22, 2010
- Implemented the company's Flash portfolio with XML data generated from CMS.
- Animated their demo reel in After Effects. Remixed the royalty-free music to fit the mood.
- Created and modified Flash websites and e-Blasts for their numerous biopharmaceutical clients.
SYPartners, San Francisco, CA
Freelance Flash Developer - January, 2010 to February, 2010
- Animated a presentation for a Dell conference in Las Vegas, which was displayed on 25-foot screens to 6,000 participants.
- Remixed the licensed Crystal Method song, using Ableton Live music software to lock it to picture.
Freelance After Effects and Flash Animator - November, 2009 to December, 2009
- Animated a handful of Apple iTunes pre-roll ads.
Freelance Flash Developer - June, 2009 to July, 2009
- Implemented ActionScript 3 coding, SCORM/Google Analytics tracking integration, art direction, 3D modeling/texturing, XHTML/CSS coding, and image production for a SanDisk training module for Sprint employees.
afstudio design, San Rafael, CA
Freelance Flash Developer - March 3, 2009 to May 14, 2009
- Implemented ActionScript for a Flash product demo for Intuit's Payroll for Accounting Professionals. Optimized and resized stock photos and graphics from Illustrator files.
The Orphanage, San Francisco, CA
Matchmover and Roto/Paint Artist - August 22, 2008 to November 22, 2008
- "Red Cliff: Part 2" (feature film, directed by John Woo) Mark's IMDb credit
- "First Time" Venomocity Anti-Smoking (commercial)
- "Disney Destinations: Anthem Celebration" (commercial)
Christiansen Creative (Mark Christiansen), San Francisco, CA
Digital Production Artist - June 10, 2008 to June 20, 2008
- Keyed and rotoscoped greenscreen talent and props, using After Effects for a Sony PlayStation Personal (PSP) advertisement. Executed matchmoving with SynthEyes.
Yahoo! Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA
Design Engineer - December 5, 2005 to February 12, 2008
- Designed and coded Flash prototypes from the Interaction Designers' wire frames for usability testing. Animated and coded Flash promotional architecture that dynamically displays different promotions, depending on the users' cookies via PHP. Implemented Flash inline product demos for the pre-sales pages, along with Omniture tracking. Provided visual and interface design for landing and partner pages.
Business Objects, San Jose, CA
Freelance Flash Developer and After Effects Animator - September 15, 2005 to December 30, 2005
- Scripted the Data Integrator product auto-run installer in Flash interface, which was distributed on CD-ROM. Also animated the Business Objects logo with motion-title graphics for their conference monitors
Walmart.com, Brisbane, CA
Freelance Flash Developer - October 19, 2005 to December 20, 2005
- Animated Flash banners with clickTags and implemented countdown timers for their timely holiday ads.
VERITAS (now Symantec) Software Corporation, Mountain View, CA
Senior Interactive Developer - July 19, 2004 to September 2, 2005
- Created video event openers, home page promotions, software demos, product tours, and DVD motion menus, using Flash MX 2004, After Effects, LightWave 3D, Swift 3D, Live, Reason, Breeze, Captivate, Final Cut and DVD Studio Pro. Compressed and edited video and composed original music when needed.
Eleven Inc., San Francisco, CA
Freelance Flash Developer - May 26, 2004 to July 9, 2004
- Animated and scripted an interactive Flash kiosk for Google from the art director's storyboard. Also implemented Flash ad banners in various sizes for their Kodak client.
Oracle Corporation, Redwood Shores, CA
User Interface Engineer - December 12, 2001 to October 13, 2003
- Created online demos, internet posters, DVDs and various prototypes for the Broadband Marketing department, using Flash MX, After Effects, LightWave 3D, Swift 3D and DVD Studio Pro. Composed original music for multimedia projects.
Beatnik, Inc., San Mateo, CA
Senior Multimedia Designer - May 15, 2000 to June 15, 2000
Excite@Home, Redwood City, CA
Senior Designer - December 1997 to May 2000
- Designed Flash web sites and composed music for Excite's marketing department.
- Design: Flash CS6, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6
- 3D and Visual Effects: LightWave, Maya, SynthEyes, PFTrack, Silhouette
- Video: After Effects CS6, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, Squeeze
- Music: Ableton Live, Reason, Digital Performer, Soundtrack, GarageBand
Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA
Bachelor's Degree in Professional Music
Guitar performance, film scoring and song writing.
- Objective-C for creating iOS applications
- Currently a Silhouette rotoscoping mentor at the Pixel Corps visual effects group.
- Fluent on PC and Mac.
References available upon request